Magnum Corporation Sdn. Bhd. ("MAGNUM") was first awarded with the World Lottery Association (WLA) Security Control Standard Certification on 4 November 2013.
MAGNUM is the first lottery company in Asia to be awarded with both the WLA Security Control Standard and the ISO/IEC 27001 certifications for its Lottery operations in Malaysia.
In September 2015, Magnum successfully obtained the certification for the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 which is an updated version of the ISO/IEC 27001:2005 standard.
The WLA Security Control Standard, WLA-SCS:2012 is a comprehensive set of controls and standards for lottery operators and vendors worldwide, which also includes compliance with the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Standard for Information Security Management Systems.
The much improved ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard now has 114 security controls representing current best security practices while the WLA-SCS:2012 added an additional 111 security requirements, including 90 lottery-specific security controls, ensuring an effective management of security in MAGNUM.
Compliance with the WLA-SCS shows MAGNUM’s commitment to security and integrity in operating a Lottery business. It enables MAGNUM to ensure effective security measures are in place within all the various operating units in the business.
Level 2 Responsible Gaming Certification from World Lottery Association (WLA)
Magnum is pleased to announce that Magnum has obtained (September 2012) the Level 2 Responsible Gaming Certification from World Lottery Association (WLA).
Here's an extract on what this means:
WLA is a global professional association of state lottery and gaming organizations from more than 80 countries on 6 continents. All members adhere to the strictest standards of social responsibility, responsible gaming, security and risk management.
WLA Members hereby commit themselves, within the social, economic political, ethical and cultural context and legal framework of the respective jurisdictions in which the lotteries operate, to the following Responsible Gaming Principles:
- WLA Members will take reasonable and balanced measures to meet their objectives while protecting the interests of their customers and vulnerable groups; at the same time upholding their respective commitments to defend public order within their own jurisdiction.
- WLA Members will ensure their practices and procedures reflect a combination of government regulations, operator self-regulation and individual responsibility.
- WLA Members will develop their practices concerning responsible gaming-related issues on the fullest possible understanding of relevant information and analysis of documented research.
- WLA Members will work with stakeholders — including governments, nongovernmental organizations, regulators, researchers, public health professionals, and the general public — to share information, develop research and promote responsible gaming as broadly as possible, and encourage a better understanding of the social impact of gaming.
- WLA Members will promote only legal and responsible gaming in all aspects of their activities, including the development, sale and marketing of their products and activities; and will make reasonable efforts to ensure their agents do the same.
- WLA Members will provide the public with information in an accurate and balanced manner to enable individuals to make informed choices about gaming activities within the lotteries' jurisdiction. This commitment requires the following:
- That the marketing of lottery activities and products be subject to reasonable operator self-regulation, and promote responsible gaming practices and informed choices.
- That individuals shall be provided with accurate information about gaming and the risks associated with it, for example, organizing education program.
- WLA Members will make a reasonable effort to monitor, test, and revise as appropriate, those activities and practices related to responsible gaming.